The most recent edditon of "No Quarter" has hit LGS around the country (just not my gameshop) and in it every Warmahordes fan can catch a glimpse MKII changes to come.
Ripped right from the forums here's a glimpse of what will be.
MK2 info from the March "No Quarter" magazine.
- Out of turn movement and attacks have been limited.
- Based on size of game Warcasters and Warlocks will be included for free.
- Warcasters come with a variable number of warjack points.
- Rough terrain no longer prevents charges.
- Cards redesigned
- Warjack Shields and Open fists increased in POW
- All Factions have mechanics.
- Warjack points costs changed to be more proportionate compared with units.
- Unit members are in formation if the are within the unit leaders command range.
- Most unit leaders have the same stats as thier troopers.
- All units behave in a manner similar to Field Promotion
- Reaper gains Reach
- Necrotech gains Repair
- Bane Knights loose Shadowshift for Vengance [Which is used on some non Cryx Models] which triggers in control phase.
- Kharchev gets retooled to become more killy.
- Winterguard squads can have three Rocketeers each.
- Doom Reavers become cheaper.
- Charger gains Powerful Attack
- Defender Heavy Barrel increases POW.
- Stormblades and Stormguard are immune to Electricity due to the new damage typing system.
- Knights Exemplar become a 10 man unit, but don't jump to conclusions
- Severous has Convert as an ability rather than a spell.
- Flails gain Chain Weapon.
Release ScheduleApril Field Test is not a playtest. Its looking for Typos and rules confusion and other final polish. Jan 2010 Warmachine II and card Decks. Warmachine 2 has a new Warjack for each faction in it. Followed by 5 Faction books, The Four familiar faces plus Mercenaries, Mercs includes seperate sections for Privateers and Rhul. Each has new models/units and a new warcaster.
Faction book order determined by Summer Rampage 2009. Then Hordes II. No mention of Retribution anywhere.